I have started my data mining PhD studies in September 2008. My main topic is pattern classification in time-series
. In the meantime, I have been a data scientist at Secret Sauce Partners
, and now I am working on a big data analytics startup called Radoop
- October 2012 - I had a presentation at OSBI 2012 about Hadoop, Spark, Dremel, GraphLab, and other tools for big data.
- August 2012 - We have organized RCOMM 2012 in Budapest and it has been a great success with more than 60 people attending.
- July 2012 - Radoop 1.0 has been released and there is a huge interest in our products.
- June 2012 - We have a new journal paper accepted with Daniel Lemire on time series classification, and a conference paper with Andor Kovács at RCOMM 2012.
- May 2012 - My student, Andor Kovács, has received a second prize at the international POSTER 2012 conference.
- March 2012 - I am giving lectures in the Business Intelligence MSc specialization in English, covering topics of data visualization and web analytics.
- February 2012 - We have released Radoop 0.3 which is an easy-to-use interface for Big Data analytics and machine learning over Hadoop.
- December 2011 - I have received several awards from the university and the department for my supervising activities.
- November 2011 - My students have received first and third prize at this year's scientific student conference. Andor Kovacs has even won the best paper award for his work on a GPU extension for RapidMiner.
- October 2011 - Our paper on spike sorting has been accepted to Journal of Neuroscience Methods.
- October 2011 - Talking about Big Data and Hadoop at a Kitchen Budapest workshop and at the Open Source BI conference.
- September 2011 - Keeping university lectures and exercises on RapidMiner and RapidAnalytics.
- September 2011 - Attending ECML PKDD 2011, the top European conference on data mining.
- July 2011 - Presenting at the CogInfoCom conference and attending COLT 2011.
- June 2011 - I am the first Hungarian who became a Certified Rapid-I Analyst for RapidMiner 5 and RapidAnalytics.
- June 2011 - Presenting Radoop in Dublin at the RCOMM 2011 conference.
- May 2011 - Moving back to Budapest after a 5-month scholarship in Prague. Thanks to the NIT group and the Visegrad Fund for the opportunity.
- April 2011 - Radoop, our Hadoop - RapidMiner integration project was accepted for presentation at the RCOMM 2011 conference.
- April 2011 - Two accepted student papers are online, one on Hadoop and Hive measurements, one on benchmarking gesture recognition.
- March 2011 - Having five papers under review. Moving to Prague again for a neuroscience project until the middle of May.
- February 2011 - I am giving lectures in the new Business Intelligence MSc specialization in English, covering topics of data visualization and recommender systems.
- January 2011 - We are finishing a journal paper on spike sorting in Prague, and then I am moving back to Budapest for two months.
- More news from 2008-2010
- data mining, machine learning
- big data analytics
- data and information visualization
- human-computer interaction
- distributed computing